The Feed Way
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
We're growing our engineering team in Manchester and looking for a Wordpress Developer to join our team. You'll work alongside a Senior WordPress develop on a number of Wordpress projects, working closely with our clients and the wider engineering team.
Day to day
- Build and maintain a variety of high-traffic WordPress sites on our existing platform
- Write and maintain custom plugins and themes for integration with internal and third party systems
- Work with project managers and teams to deliver with quality and adhere to timelines
- Ability to provide user-friendly site administration, documentation, and guidance to content contributors
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and outside development/design agencies to complete projects
- Work with online marketing and marketing science team to make sure the website functions properly for SEO and SEM as well as the proper display of data
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress and PHP
- Experience with Wordpress multi-site network
- Back-end skills - Experience building custom themes, plugins, widgets, WordPress filters, WordPress hooks
- Knowledge of React or other front-end JS frameworks would be desirable
- Version Control (GitHub, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience working with APIs - SOAP, REST and other
- Strong knowledge of web performance optimisation, caching, and SEO
- Third Party API Experience (Twitter API, Facebook API, etc.)
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail are must-haves. You are an effective communicator and able to juggle many priorities at once
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to dynamic environment
- Output focused, able to take high-level direction, event/program plans and turn into valued and tangible output
- Focuses on assignment at hand, and plans day-to-day activities to complete individual tasks
- 26 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare with Vitality / Pru Health
- The People’s Pension contribution
- Vitality Health Benefits - 50% off a Virgin Gym Membership, Subsidised Apple Watch & much more here
- Complimentary daily breakfast, with fresh fruit baskets twice a week
- 16.30pm finish every other Friday, or stick around for the open beer fridge
- Range of weekly, monthly and quarterly socials and events, including Pizza Fridays, Tea & cake afternoons and much more!
- Opportunity to work with some of the best creative minds around
- You'll be trusted and free to do the work you love, being supported to by our team along the way
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here: http://bit.ly/RecruitmentPrivacyNotice