The Feed Way
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
Our Curation, Trends & Merchandising team partner with eBay to produce a range of tailored shopping experiences.
As Online Merchandiser, you will be responsible for trading of the overall site for various categories, prioritizing merchandising based on conversion and business performance for promotional and seasonal campaigns and shops. You will be involved in the end-to-end process of a retail campaigns, from brief writing, range planning, sourcing of inventory, launching campaigns, and tracking performance.
You will work closely with the Feed Merchandising and Marketing teams and stakeholders at eBay across Merchandising and Marketing to ensure successful project/ campaign deliveries; which are profitable without compromising the creative integrity. Therefore, you must be a great team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Day to day
- Responsible for daily/ weekly management of category pages, ensuring site standards are always achieved or exceeded
- To manage client briefs from start to finish, supporting with inventory planning, wireframing, campaign and events builds and QA-ing, ensuring successful delivery to client deadlines across multiple activity
- To build a full understanding of the clients’ content management systems and objectives, advising on the solution that best meets their needs
- To create and maintain a critical path for campaigns and other category specific activity
- To construct the optimum product range for the target market by balancing price architecture, product variety and other parameters
- To source items - uploading, merchandising and continuously optimising events, campaigns and category pages
- To ensure all campaigns/ events are prioritised consistently across desktop, mobile and email platforms
- To conduct regular performance analysis and feeding insight and proposed actions into Senior Account Manager and clients for weekly trading reports
- To conduct regular checks on live pages, troubleshooting and fixing any issues
- At times, to conduct competitor analysis and trend research displaying an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of the market and categories and inputting ideas into planning meetings
- To work closely with the Feed/ CTM senior team and eBay Merchandising team to proactively identify incremental sales and profit opportunities within your vertical
- To report back to senior management with internal and external issues and events that might impact upon accounts, either positively or negatively
- Minimum of 1/2 years Merchandising experience, ideally within E-Commerce
- A good eye for style and retail trends and an interest in current and upcoming trends
- Highly organised, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritise, meet deadlines under pressure and make best use of resources; has a good sense of urgency and measurement of risk
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are ambitious with the ability to think strategically, communicate for understanding and contribute something new, demonstrating tenacity to learn and grow
- Ability to take ownership and accountability
- Experience with various CMS and the ability to quickly grasp new processes or learn new tools
- Analytical experience and a degree of business acumen
- Proficiency in Excel
- 26 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare with Vitality / Pru Health
- The People’s Pension contribution
- Vitality Health Benefits - 50% off a Virgin Gym Membership, Subsidised Apple Watch & much more here
- Complimentary daily breakfast, with fresh fruit baskets twice a week
- 16.30pm finish every other Friday, or stick around for the open beer fridge
- Range of weekly, monthly and quarterly socials and events, including Pizza Fridays, Tea & cake afternoons and much more!
- Opportunity to work with some of the best creative minds around
- You'll be trusted and free to do the work you love, being supported to by our team along the way
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here