Senior Digital Account Manager/ eCom
The Feed Way
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here http://bit.ly/RecruitmentPrivacyNotice
The Impact You’ll Have
As Senior Account Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of a wide variety of retail campaigns and merchandising activity for eBay. This role requires you to work 1-2 days a week onsite with ebay in Richmond.
The role will be split into two main responsibilities: project/ resource planning & oversight as well as team
management of the overall Merchandising team of 6, being directly responsible for 3 individuals.
Highly organised, you are someone who utilises tools and technology to improve productivity and implement processes for effective project delivery, helping your team to do their job better.
You contribute something new to the team with the tenacity to learn and deliver, armed with a deep understanding of ecommerce and how to deliver work against business objectives.
And, as a People Manager you are required to understand, organise and motivate people to achieve extraordinary things: to guide thinking and behaviour in others and take counsel from within to thrive in a dynamic environment. Our People Managers are masters of their craft, demonstrate good judgement and emotional intelligence, and encourage self-development.
Day to day
Project/ resource planning & oversight:
- Oversee the production of online campaigns from brief to implementation and beyond, ensuring the right team is in place to deliver and maintain high standards while adding value wherever possible.
- Match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilised to the maximum.
- Work closely with account managers, merchandisers, designers, copywriters and other parts of the agency as well as our clients at eBay across Merchandising and Marketing to ensure successful campaign deliveries.
- Develop capacity/ staffing plans and reports - forecasting, scheduling, and monitor Merchandising/ operational activities - to provide management and our clients with the understanding needed to make operational decisions, in order to ensure overall success in a multi-category environment.
- Provide daily guidance to the team and clients by tracking and trending activity and resource against those to ensure proper planning, accurate requirements and workload identification.
- Review and analyse the monthly, quarterly and yearly planning for both internal and external stakeholders and proactively communicate this information, while implementing appropriate action plans.
- Maintain a strategic overview of assigned accounts – running regular internal client-facing account reviews. Demonstrate how we are meeting our clients’ objectives through analysis of metrics, feedback, research, etc.
- Undertake trend research and input creative ideas into planning meetings as well as encourage your team to pro-actively participate.
- Help develop strategic thinking within your team and seek to uncover new opportunities for Feed.
- Stay current with good knowledge of all Feed products and services and actively promote them to clients.
- Build a full understanding of the eBay’s business, strategies, objectives, brand, audiences and challenges, advising the best communications solution to meet their needs, establishing yourself as a trusted adviser.
- Report back to senior management with internal and external issues and events that might impact accounts, either positively or negatively.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Merchandiser team to include hiring, training, scheduling, setting of goals, prioritisation of work, performance reviews, etc.
- Build excellent working relationships with the team. Hold regular meetings, planning, briefing, and evaluation.
- Conduct bi-weekly one-to-ones and performance reviews of team members, identifying areas for improvement, giving feedback, and where necessary, recommending job enrichment, moves or salary increases.
- Effectively lead team and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Re-lay feedback to Merchandisers, Content Managers and Designers & plan and ensure feedback requirements are met whilst protecting eBay’s values/brand.
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution.
- Awareness of your own and your team’s areas for development, with ongoing effort to enhance and bridge skills for continuous improvements.
- Uphold Feed’s values and demonstrate these outwardly to your team and the wider business.
What We’re Looking for
- Demonstrable agency experience in Client Services, preferably in a Senior Account Manager role already or an Account Manager who is ready to take the lead.
- Highly competent in your understanding of ecommerce, resource management, the production & interactive processes, to deliver work against business objectives.
- Experience delivering a broad range of Merchandising activity, preferably ecommerce, and managing budgets and project timelines.
- Extremely organised and reliable, with excellent attention to detail; setting high standards for your own and your team’s performance.
- Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines under pressure and make best use of resources; has a good sense of urgency and measurement of risk.
- You are ambitious with the ability to think strategically, communicate for understanding and contribute something new, demonstrating tenacity to learn and grow.
- Ability to take ownership and accountability.
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of 5+ people, demonstrating good leadership skills.
- Experience with various CMS and the ability to quickly grasp new processes or learn new tools.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Proven business development experience and success.
- Personal qualities;
- Proactive - you seek out new opportunities.
- Self-motivated - you take ownership of your own success and inspire others.
- Positive - a force that energises your team and the people around you.
- Strategic -you pore over the facts for the benefit of long term views.
- Curious - you question anything in order to change everything.
- Strong emotional intelligence.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.