Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
Working on a small but busy Product Development team, this role involves working on in-house and client projects; building, improving and maintaining complex web apps and tools. From our own cutting-edge workflow and process application, to a brand new shop front website for a Fintech company, the work is always varied and interesting. We use the latest technologies, from GraphQL to Gatsby, and are always looking for better ways of working.
Day to day
- Write neat, testable, reusable code and libraries for future use
- Work with the Technical Director or Senior Developers to architect projects and find the best technical solution to complex problems
- Work with other developers in a project, sharing skills, knowledge and providing help and advice in order to build a productive team
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to deliver projects on time
- Strong knowledge of Node.js.
- Experience with MySQL or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix administration.
- Expertise with Git.
- Understand of Agile methodology, TDD and best practices of the development process.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of MongoDB or other NoSQL equivalent.
- Good knowledge of code and script across a variety of languages (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby or similar).
- Knowledge of Grunt, Webpack or other command line tools.
- Knowledge of automation/configuration management such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Docker or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of caching technology such as Redis, Varnish etc.
- Experience in using cloud hosting services, preferably AWS.
- Knowledge of GraphQL.
- Passionate about the latest innovations and developments in Web Technologies.
- Flexible and able to adapt to working with new technologies outside their comfort zone.
- Hungry to learn more demonstrated through an inquisitive nature.
- Positive energy to add to our team of light hearted techies.
- Someone who possesses grit and determination.
- 401(k) Program - option to add individual contributions
- Single Cover Health Insurance paid for by Feed
- Complimentary daily breakfast, with fresh fruit baskets twice a week
- 4.30pm finish every other Friday, or stick around for the open beer fridge
- Range of weekly, monthly and quarterly socials and events, including Pizza Friday’s, Tea Tuesdays and much more!
- Opportunity to work with some of the best creative minds around
- You'll be trusted and free to do the work you love, being supported to by our team along the way
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details, see here: http://bit.ly/RecruitmentPrivacyNotice.