The Feed Way
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
Our Curation, Trends & Merchandising team partner with our client eBay to produce a range of tailored shopping experiences.
You will be directly responsible for 7 individuals and work closely with your team, the wider Feed Merch and Marketing teams, as well as stakeholders at eBay, overseeing the delivery of a wide variety of retail and merchandising activity for eBay and supporting the team with the trading of the overall site to deliver profit targets.
You will also be required to nurture existing relationships at a senior level and actively find new business opportunities within our existing client network and beyond.
Armed with a deep understanding of e-commerce and how to deliver work against business objectives, you are ambitious with the ability to think strategically, contribute something new to the agency and be a strong communicator with tenacity to learn and deliver.
- Act as the primary point of contact for contract issues, i.e. overall scope, service levels, team performance across all assigned accounts
- Oversee the production of online campaigns from brief to implementation and beyond, ensuring the right team is in place to deliver and maintain high standards while adding value wherever possible
- Work closely with multiple stakeholders to ensure successful campaign deliveries
- Develop capacity/ staffing plans and reports - forecasting, scheduling, and monitoring activities - to provide management and our clients with the understanding needed to make operational decisions, in order to ensure overall success in a multi-category environment
- Work closely with all relevant teams and have oversight of all statements of work/proposals as well as all content production for clients.
- Streamline business operations where possible, working closely with internal departments within Feed and eBay to ensure efficient ways of working
- Develop and oversee the implementation of new procedures/ ways of working between eBay and Feed assigned accounts to provide the utmost level of services
- Keep the traffic systems up to date and review and analyse monthly, quarterly and yearly planning for both internal and external stakeholders and proactively communicate this information while implementing appropriate action plans
- Monitor budgets and financial forecasting on multiple accounts
- Build a full understanding of eBay’s business, strategies, objectives, brand, audiences, and challenges, advising the best communications solution to meet their needs, establishing yourself as a trusted adviser
- Guide and mentor your team to proactively identify incremental sales and profit opportunities within soft or hard verticals
- Maintain a strategic overview of assigned accounts and their markets by running regular client-facing account reviews
- Stay current with good knowledge of all Feed products and services and actively promote them to clients
- Report back to senior management with internal and external issues and events that might impact accounts, either positively or negatively
- Negotiate new and existing contracts, obtaining maximum value in all negotiations
- Responsible for the overall management of line reports across all assigned accounts to include hiring, training, scheduling, the setting of goals, prioritisation of work, performance reviews
- Build excellent working relationships with the team. Hold regular meetings, planning, briefing, and evaluation
- Conduct bi-weekly one-to-ones and performance reviews of team members, identifying areas for improvement, giving feedback, and where necessary, recommending job enrichment, moves or salary increases
- Effectively lead a team and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence
- Re-lay feedback to Merchandisers and Content Managers and plan and ensure feedback requirements are met whilst protecting eBay’s values/brand
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution
- Awareness of your own and your team’s areas for development, with ongoing effort to enhance and bridge skills for continuous improvements
- Uphold Feed’s values and demonstrate these outwardly to your team and the wider business
- Demonstrable agency experience in Client Services, preferably in an Account Director role already or a Senior Account Manager who is ready to take the lead
- Deep understanding of e-commerce, the production & interactive processes
- Experience delivering a broad range of Merchandising activity, preferably e-commerce, and managing budgets and project timelines
- Extremely organised and reliable, with excellent attention to detail; setting high standards for your own and your team’s performance
- Proven ability to prioritise, meet deadlines under pressure and make best use of resources
- You are ambitious with the ability to think strategically, communicate for understanding and contribute something new, demonstrating tenacity to learn and grow
- Ability to take ownership and accountability
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of 5+ people
- Experience with various CMS and the ability to quickly grasp new processes or learn new tools
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel
- Proven business development experience and success
- 26 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare with Vitality / Pru Health
- The People’s Pension contribution
- Vitality Health Benefits - 50% off a Virgin Gym Membership, Subsidised Apple Watch & much more here
- Complimentary daily breakfast, with fresh fruit baskets twice a week
- 16.30pm finish every other Friday, or stick around for the open beer fridge
- Range of weekly, monthly and quarterly socials and events, including Pizza Fridays, Tea & cake afternoons and much more!
- Opportunity to work with some of the best creative minds around
- You'll be trusted and free to do the work you love, being supported to by our team along the way
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here