The Feed Way
Feed is one of the world’s fastest-growing independent digital agencies with a staff of 160, and global clients including eBay, Zopa, Virgin and Gumtree. Our digital marketing expertise extends from CRM, social, AI, UI and UX design all the way through to the creation of new technology products, platforms and tools. Feed is specialist, creative and experimental - across all channels, with a progressive future facing culture.
Feed prides itself on their innovative, collaborative and entrepreneurial nature, which has helped
its turnover grow by more than 50% per annum for the last ten years and open offices in London, San Francisco, Berlin, and Manchester.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here http://bit.ly/RecruitmentPrivacyNotice
The impact you will have:
To oversee the design and creation of Feed’s Display, CRM, and Social work. Also direct marketing material for our clients across multiple formats and placements by following brand templates and guidelines. You will develop design focused ideas for the different campaigns and create imaginative work that are of the highest standard.
To give design direction, and to support your fellow designers and wider team you are required to understand, organise and motivate people to achieve extraordinary things.
To guide thinking and behaviour in others and take counsel from within to thrive in a dynamic environment. Our People Managers are masters of their craft, demonstrate good judgement and emotional intelligence, and encourage self-development.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Is a brand guardian for our major clients, and masters brand guidelines to suggest, define and identify what is on/off brand
- Is responsible for the design team, their workload, and helps define design briefs, when necessary
- Recruits, leads and develops Design Leads & Senior Designers and wider team aligned with Company and Creative Department needs
- Sets the conceptual design direction for each project on which they work by means of conceiving and expressing (both in written and diagrammatic form) robust design strategies.
- Works with the Creative Director setting up the direction for different campaigns involved in their scope of work
- Where necessary demonstrates advanced knowledge of our clients brand positioning identity guidelines and practices.
- A constant support to the team, acting as an advocate for the Company values.
- Have awareness of all work on brands you are creatively responsible for moving through the agency.
- Where necessary demonstrates has advanced knowledge organisation’s technologies and practices.
- Assertively troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Is an experienced contributor with project leadership responsibility.
- The Design Director will need excellent presentation skills and the ability to guide the client through the complexities of design, production and delivery.
- New business development: On an ad hoc basis, you will be asked to contribute to new business opportunity development, pitches and investment in existing account opportunities.
- Delegates appropriately, alongside provision of direction and support. Demonstrates good judgment when being more hands-on is necessary to set teams up for success
To the creative culture of this agency
- Work effectively with others to deliver the high quality work expected of modern digital creative.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities – stands as a rallying point for creative & design excellence.
- Conducts self, and communicates, professionally with clients and colleagues.
- Communicates ideas and industry trends to colleagues through informal communication and formal presentations and training sessions.
- Seeks to learn about other disciplines and work collaboratively on projects and internal initiatives.
- Makes use of appropriate materials to ensure skills and knowledge remain current.
- Conceive and develop initiatives that develop standards and skill-sets.
- Challenging the team to deliver excellence.
- Ensure that the Design Leads are developed and nurtured.
Skills and experience:
- Advanced ability in industry standard software.
- Strong portfolio of design for digital applications.
- A great team player and personable individual.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and presentation skills to peers and clients
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback, even in difficult situations, in a sensitive and professional manner
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with ease and efficiency.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and easily.
- Works at pace and output is of high quality.
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues.
- Holistic approach to copy and design to see how an overall piece of communication is being delivered.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER AND WELCOME APPLICATIONS FROM ALL SUITABLY QUALIFIED PERSONS REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE, SEX, DISABILITY, RELIGION/BELIEF, SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR AGE.