Senior Account Director
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
As a Senior Account Director you will be responsible for building strong relationships with clients at all levels including strategic input and overseeing the delivery of a wide variety of substantial integrated campaigns.
Initially (6-9 months) you will focus your efforts on eBay as you will be covering the maternity leave for our Account Director on the eBay UK regional account. eBay is our flagship client and understanding them intimately will set you up for future success. After this initial period, and on return of our Account Director, your remit will broaden to oversee more of our client portfolio which could include Gleneagle, The Hoxton, Gumtree and other new clients who are in our immediate pipeline.
In your broadened role, you will be the right hand for our European Managing Director.
Day to day
- To manage client briefs from start to finish, ensuring successful delivery to client deadlines across multiple campaigns.
- To liaise with clients and manage their expectations.
- To re-lay client feedback to designers, copywriters and developers & plan and manage workloads of the team.
- To ensure client requirements are met whilst protecting Feed values/brand.
- To support the senior team with administrative tasks.
- To build a full understanding of the clients’ business, strategies, objectives, brand,audiences and challenges, advising on the communications solution that best meets their needs, with a view to becoming their trusted adviser.
- To build excellent working relationships with key clients – regular meetings, planning, briefing, evaluation.
- To work closely with creative and strategy teams and to have oversight of all statements of work/proposals as well as all content production for clients.
- To ensure the right Feed team is in place to deliver, high standards are maintained and adding value wherever possible. Ensure success criteria are met and projects are delivered to time and to budget.
- To ensure a good knowledge of all Feed products and services and actively promote them to clients.
- To report back to senior management with internal and external issues and events that might impact upon accounts, either positively or negatively.
- To direct account management activity – undertaking pitches and presentations, formulating and implementing account plans, and running the account management process.
- Hold key new business development responsibilities, working with others in the team to proactively seek new opportunities for the business. Writing proposals and creative treatment. Contributing to winning new business.
- To ensure processes are followed and that there is consistent professional delivery (to brief). Managing workflows. Lead Account Direction best practice within the Agency with support from the European Managing Director.
- To maintain a strategic overview of key accounts and their markets – running regular internal client facing account reviews. To prove how we are meeting our clients’ objectives through metrics, feedback, research, etc.
- To oversee the client contract, to proactively manage the account and resources to maximise profitability. To be responsible for cost and pipeline management.
Management and leadership
- Delegate and allocate responsibilities efficiently to manage projects end to end.
- Interview candidates and hire resources.
- Conduct performance reviews of team members and identify areas of improvement, give feedback and recommend for promotions or salary increments.
- Effectively lead teams and inspire others to achieve goals through innovation, quality and excellence.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of team members and suitably make changes if required.
- Encourage team interaction, boost employee motivation and appreciate team contribution.
- Match project tasks with opportunities for development so that employee potential is utilised to the maximum.
- Manage change and effectively cascade information to teams to ensure smooth execution.
- Experience delivering a broad range of multi-channel marketing communications from display to app to website.
- Extremely organised, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet and manage deadlines with ease and efficiency. Highly motivated.Strong attention to detail.A personable individual.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A great team player and team building skills.
- People management / leadership skills.
- Excellent negotiator with good networking ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team giving guidance and feedback.
- Resource management skills and ability to handle complex / sensitive issues.
- Understanding of the production & interactive processes.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to manage and develop client and supplier relationships.
- Ability to commercially manage budgets.
- Proven business development experience and success.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages.
- 26 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare with Vitality / Pru Health
- The People’s Pension contribution
- Vitality Health Benefits - 50% off a Virgin Gym Membership, Subsidised Apple Watch & much more here
- Complimentary daily breakfast, with fresh fruit baskets twice a week
- 16.30pm finish every other Friday, or stick around for the open beer fridge
- Range of weekly, monthly and quarterly socials and events, including Pizza Fridays, Tea & cake afternoons and much more!
- Opportunity to work with some of the best creative minds around
- You'll be trusted and free to do the work you love, being supported to by our team along the way
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here