Technical Project Manager
The Feed Way
Feed is the award-winning, full-service agency where nothing is impossible. A place where you have permission to try, learn and try again. To question anything, challenge everything and be the absolute best version of yourself.
Becoming part of the Feed family means joining talented crafters and grafters who never settle for second best, but who always celebrate success. You’ll be encouraged to challenge your work every day, and get the support needed to deliver the extraordinary.
The Impact You’ll Have
We're looking for a technical project manager with strong technical knowledge, possibly an ex-developer - someone who has good people skills and can come up with solutions quickly and under pressure.
The Technical Project Manager role involves running multiple projects, initially, end-to-end web development projects, at any one time. You will utilise recognised methods appropriately to convey scope of work, delivery schedules, progress and highlight reports as well as manage the team’s day-to-day project activities.
Day to day
- Working with external vendors to ensure timely & cost effective delivery where required
- Risk management and issue escalation
- Follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases
- Meticulous attention to detail, including maintaining accurate records and diligently tracking key project metrics
- Work with the Technical Director or Senior Developers to architect projects and find the best technical solution to complex problems
- Work with the developers in a project, sharing skills, knowledge and providing help and advice in order to build a productive team
- Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions
- Able to make quick decisions and help solve technical problems to deliver projects on time
- 2-3 years experience of proven Technical Project Management delivery track record for web development
- Experience of agile project methodology
- Proficient in delivering projects in an end-to-end capacity from scoping the work through to service go-live
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for developing partnerships with clients
- A creative approach to project management centered around lightweight frameworks that enable rapid iteration and low-overhead methods of keeping stakeholders informed
- Sufficiently technical to understand the work being managed and ensure all required actions and picked up and completed
- Ability to work with the team to support testing, delivery and rollout
- Happy to handle project changes and operational support requirements
- Ability to effectively manage the expectations of clients and other stakeholders
- Ability to guide the client in decision-making and know when to make decisions on their behalf
- Knowledge of best practices in an always up, always available service
- 26 days’ holiday exclusive of bank holidays
- Healthcare with Vitality / Pru Health
- The People’s Pension contribution
- Vitality Health Benefits - 50% Virgin Gym Membership, Subsidised Apple Watch & much more here
- Complimentary daily breakfast, with fresh fruit baskets twice a week
- 4.30pm finish every other Friday, or stick around for the open beer fridge
- Range of weekly, monthly and quarterly socials and events, including Pizza Friday’s, Tea Tuesdays and much more!
- Opportunity to work with some of the best creative minds around
- You'll be trusted and free to do the work you love, being supported to by our team along the way
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Feed Communications collects and processes personal data in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For further details in relation to candidate data see here